Hardin County Habitat for Humanity is always seeking people to help in our home construction efforts!
What will happen on my first visit to the Construction site?
- On your first visit, inform the site manager that you are a first-time volunteer.
- The site manager will go over all of the safety procedures and policies.
- Site manager will guide you in the tasks while on the job site.
A Release of Liability for Minors must be signed if you are under 18 years old.
You must be 16 years old to volunteer at the job site.
A Release of Liability for Adults must be signed on site.
To volunteer, please contact:
Howard Gatlin, Construction Foreman
– OR –
call our office at (270)360-9900 ext 284
Construction Work Hours
Saturday: 8:30am-230pm (lunch provided)
What should I wear?
- Please wear comfortable and casual clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Jeans, athletic shorts or pants, etc. are acceptable. Shorts must be appropriate and at least reach mid-thigh. Volunteers will be turned away if shorts are of an inappropriate length.
- Please wear close-toed and close-heeled tennis shoes or boots. Volunteer will be turned away if shoes do not meet the above guidelines.
- Come prepared for the weather! Many tasks require volunteers to be in the elements so arrive with the appropriate jacket, raincoat, or sweatshirt.