Dear Habitat Friends,
The circumstances of the COVID-19 outbreak have evolved quickly, and we believe now is the time for us to do even more to protect you, our team, Habitat partner families, and the community we care deeply for.
This is an increasingly difficult time for people, businesses, and organizations all across the country and our community. As a nonprofit that relies entirely on the support of others, please know we are making these difficult decisions after thoughtful discussions —but we need your help.
Here are the protective measures we at Hardin County Habitat for Humanity are enacting today:
- Volunteers – We are cancelling all volunteer shifts. We know how important our work is to the families we serve, and we hope to limit disruptions to our production schedules by allowing staff to continue building while practicing social distancing.
- ReStore – Our ReStore is closed to the public effective Thursday, March 19.
- Main Office – Our main office, like our ReStore and construction sites, is closed to the public effective Thursday, March 19.
- We have decided to postpone our 2020 Habitat Golf Scramble until Friday, August 21.
- Our online fundraiser, Pappy Madness, is currently suspended by order of the Kentucky Department of Charitable Gaming.
We recognize that these are uncharted waters and uncertain times, and appreciate your continued support, patience and trust as we navigate this together. Habitat for Humanity has always been a community-based organization, and we will continue to need to lean on one another to ensure we can support the hardworking families across Hardin County who need it most.
Our partner families are already vulnerable; many of them in positions at the forefront of the crisis, including healthcare workers, civil servants, service sector employees; those to whom a missed paycheck can mean catastrophe. If you were planning on volunteering, shopping at the ReStore, or supporting Habitat in the next few weeks, we strongly encourage you to support our mission through an online donation today.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and we will re-open our office, our sites, and our ReStore as soon as it is safe to do so.
Thank you for your support!